Planters from recycled materials are better for the environment, and they can provide some unexpected benefits as well.
Benefits of using planters from recycled material
- Reduces carbon footprint, preventing the need to make new materials
- Reduces waste in landfills by reusing old materials and giving them new life again.
- Conserves fossil resources used to make them from scratch
- Planters made from recycled material can be recycled at the end of its lifecycle. Once again, saving landfills alongside our planet.
- It’s an easy way to reduce your ecological footprint
All of our planters are made from biocomposites made with repurposed materials – post-industrial recycled binders and crop-residue.
Do they last as long?
It’s a common question—do planters made from recycled materials last as long as planters made from virgin materials. The answer is yes! Generally speaking, most plastic binders can be recycled 7 to 9 times before they are no longer viable. That’s more than paper, which can be recycled 4 to 6 times before the paper fibers become too short to recycle again.
We further enhance the properties of our biocomposites with impact modifiers, UV stabilisers and property enhancers to offer quality similar to, if not better than virgin materials. Other benefits of planters made with biocomposites from recycled materials include:
- Customizable to different colour, add a logo or icon
- Maintenance free and graffiti resistant
- Easy to clean as needed
- Blended with UV stabilisers for outdoor use
- Flexible enough to absorb impact without damage
- Non-porous and non-hydroscopic, impervious to water damage and rust
- Lightweight and easy to move as needed